DJ Mr. Cee quits Hot 97 radio gig after drag queen video surface


By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 11:24 AM EDT, Thu September 12, 2013
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • NEW: "I really feel like I let y'all down," Mr. Cee says
  • NEW: " I have been in denial about his for a very long time," he says
  • Drag queen video includes recording of an encounter purportedly with Mr. Cee
  • "He is clearly facing a personal dilemma," Hot 97 general manager says
(CNN) -- Radio personality Mr. Cee quit his job at New York's Hot 97 Wednesday amid a controversy involving an alleged car ride with a drag queen.
"I really feel like I let y'all down," Mr. Cee, whose real name is Calvin Lebrun, said in an interview on the station Thursday.
The veteran hip-hop DJ's last show was Wednesday afternoon, according to a statement from the station.
"Due to some personal circumstances that have become public, after 20 years of service, Mr. Cee has chosen to resign," Hot 97 General Manager Alexandra Cameron said.  "We feel that this is in the best interest of both Hot 97 and Cee's personal well-being."
"I am tired of trying to do something or be something that I am not," Cee said in the interview. CNN previously quoted similar comments made in an unverified Twitter account that the station says is not Cee's.
Cee's resignation followed the posting on YouTube of a video in which a cross-dressing personality using the name Bimbo Winehouse plays an audio recording of a seven-minute encounter purportedly with Mr. Cee.
"Have I lied about getting sexual falatio in a car with a transexual?" he said. " Yes, I have lied about that and I feel bad for the listeners that it did take a video for me to say this because I have been in denial about his for a very long time."
He said the video was recorded nearly a year ago.
"While we do not endorse the alleged activities, he is clearly facing a personal dilemma that is for him and only him to comment on," Cameron said.

                                                                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OMG: Top 10 undefeated world record holders in athletics