Zooey Deschanel was bullied at school



Zooey Deschanel was bullied at school

Jan 18, 2012 12:49:00 PM by Anneke Hak
zooey deschanel
New girl star Zooey Deschanel has admitted that she wasn’t very popular at school.
Gracing the cover of this month’s Allure magazine, Zooey told the beauty bible, “Girls [would] spit in my face. People were so mean to me, I’d cry every day.”
As tough as school was though, it hasn’t given Zooey the hard skin you would expect and she admits she can’t read celebrity gossip about herself. “I can’t go on Gawker,” she admits.
“I actually think the writing is really funny but there is a chance that somebody is undercutting me.”
A fashion icon for many, Zooey makes no apologies for her kooky and girly fashion sense during her interview. “If you feel like dressing like a girl, there’s nothing wrong with that. I don’t know why feminity should be associated with weakness,” Zooey says.
“Women should be free to express who they are without thinking, ‘I need to act like a man’ or ‘I need to tone it down to be successful’
“That’s a very good way to keep women down.”
All those with a massive girl crush now, say aye.
Read about Zooey's split from Ben Gibbard
See Zooey at the Golden Globes 2012
Zooey Deschanel's celebrity lookbook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog